Breaking News Live: Delhi Government Allows Home Delivery Of Alcohol Via App Or Online Web Portal
Delhi has been under lockdown since April 19. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal recently extended the ongoing lockdown in the nation’s capital for another week until June 7 at 5 a.m., while allowing manufacturing / production units to operate in closed premises. In a new announcement on Tuesday, the Delhi government allowed home delivery of Indian and foreign liquor by ordering through a mobile app or online web portal.
!1 New updateClick here for the latest updates
Energy consumption grew by 8.2 pc in May against a backdrop of a slow recovery in commercial and industrial demand
- The slower pace of the recovery in industrial demand for electricity in May can be attributed to local lockdown restrictions imposed by states to curb the spread of the coronavirus amid the second wave of the pandemic, experts believe.
- In addition, the two cyclones that hit the east and west coasts of the country in May resulted in power outages and lower consumption due to rains in different parts of the country during the peak summer season, they said.
SBI Lowers India Growth Forecast for FY22 to 7.9%
Lieutenant-General Manoj Pande takes up his duties as Commander-in-Chief General Officer of the Eastern Command
Vice Admiral Sandeep Naithani took office today as Chief of Materiel: Indian Navy
‘No clarity on Maratha community reservation’
Until there is no clarity on the reservation of the Maratha community, the state government has decided to support the community that does not fall into any reservation category, with EWS reservation. Community with annual income below Rs 8 lakh is eligible for EWS reservation: Maharashtra Min Nawab Malik
Delhi police suspend arms license for businessman Navneet Kalra
The Delhi Police Licensing Authority has suspended the arms license of businessman Navneet Kalra, accused in a case relating to the hoarding of oxygen concentrators at a restaurant in south Delhi. Cancellation process has started: Delhi Police
Moody’s fixes India’s GDP growth at 9.3 pc in FY22
- “The reimposition of foreclosure measures as well as behavioral changes on fear of contagion will dampen economic activity, but we don’t expect the impact to be as severe as in the first wave.
- “We expect economic activity to decline in the April-June quarter, followed by a rebound, which will translate into real inflation-adjusted GDP growth of 9.3% over the course of the fiscal year ending March 2022 and 7.9% in fiscal year 2022-23, “It said.
Lt Gen Pradeep Chandran Nair takes charge of Assam Rifles
Industrial activity growth in India slowed in May as demand fell: PMI
- The Nikkei Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ index, compiled by IHS Markit, fell to 50.8 in May from 55.5 in April, its lowest since July 2020. It was just above the 50 mark separating the growth of contraction.
- “Key indicators of current input sales, production and purchases weakened significantly in May and highlighted the slowest rates of increase in ten months. In fact, all indices were down by report in April, “noted Pollyanna De Lima, associate economic director at IHS Markit.
Rupee climbs 8 paise to 72.54 against US dollar at start of trade
Sensex gained 101.91 pts to 52,039.35 in the opening session; Nifty inch 24.75 pts higher at 15607.55
Wrestler Sushil Kumar’s Weapons License Suspended
Wrestler Sushil Kumar’s arming license was suspended after he was arrested for the murder of 23-year-old Sagar Rana at Chhatrasal Stadium. The cancellation process started with the Licensing Department: Delhi Police
Delhi government allows home delivery of Indian and foreign liquor by ordering through mobile app or online web portal
Toyota, Honda temporarily halt production in Malaysia due to COVID-19 lockdown
Japanese automakers Toyota Motor Corp and Honda Motor Co have temporarily suspended production at their factories in Malaysia due to a nationwide coronavirus lockdown, the companies said on Tuesday.
Maratha community can enjoy benefits less than 10% of EWS quota (economically weaker sections) in government jobs and education: Government of Maharashtra
Philippines extends travel ban from India and six other countries
President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the extension of restrictions on travelers from the seven countries on the recommendation of the national COVID-19 task force, President Harry Roque spokesman said.
Light rain / drizzle would occur over and in adjacent areas of remote areas of Delhi.
A thunderstorm with light to moderate rains and gusty winds with a speed of 30 to 50 km / h would occur over adjacent areas in parts of Haryana and Rajasthan over the next 2 hours : IMD
US subsidiary of meat packaging giant JBS says it was hacked
“JBS USA has determined that it is the target of an organized cybersecurity attack, affecting some of the servers supporting its North American and Australian computer systems,” the unit said in a statement. The intrusion was detected on Sunday, the statement said.
The Federation of Resident Doctors Associations to protest Ramdev’s remarks and celebrate ‘black day’ today
The controversy began with a video, floating around various social media sites, showing Ramdev calling modern allopathy a “stupid, failed science.”
Navjot Singh Sidhu to meet with Congress panel on Punjab today
After the first round of meetings on Monday between the three-member group, formed by Congress President Sonia Gandhi to resolve disputes between its leaders in the Punjab Congress, and 25 MPs, Congress leader Navjot Singh Sidhu is expected to attend the meeting. Tuesday at 11 a.m. : 30 hours.
UEFA bets on Euro 2020 success despite pandemic challenge
The pan-European format has been mocked, the tournament postponed for a year due to the coronavirus pandemic, host cities have been abandoned and matches moved, but Euro 2020 finally kicks off next week when Italy faces off. Turkey in Rome on Friday June 11.
Hundreds of people gather in front of the prayer wall of the historic Tulsa church
National civil rights leaders, including Rev. Jesse Jackson and William Barber, joined several local religious leaders offering prayers and remarks outside the church which was under construction and largely destroyed when a white mob descended on the prosperous Black Quarter in 1921 , torching, killing, looting and leveling a 35-square- block area. Estimates of the death toll range from tens to 300.
Osaka crisis shakes French Open as Djokovic and Nadal start title bids
Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal begin their Roland Garros campaigns on Tuesday with the tournament still reeling from Naomi Osaka’s sensational withdrawal and her revelation that she has suffered long periods of depression.