DoorDash Unveils New Made by Women Platform and Announces Historic Partnership with WNBA Star and TV Personality Chiney Ogwumike
To celebrate International Women’s Day, the multiplatform partnership with Chiney Ogwumike launches today with a new national advertising campaign titled “In the zonewhich covers television, digital and social media. The campaign is a prime example of a non-endemic brand creating a national creation featuring a solo WNBA athlete, increasing the representation of women in advertising and media. The Spot: 30 simultaneously and seamlessly connects DoorDash and basketball through oral storytelling of a rising voice in the sports world, all while aiming to celebrate the women making history.
DoorDash and Chiney Ogwumike have many common values and are committed to empowering local communities by working together to design initiatives that accelerate efforts to provide access to women through United States and beyond. Chiney is leading her own entrepreneurial path with broadcast, basketball and now business, and is dedicated to the mission of opening up opportunities for women around the world alongside DoorDash.
“I am thrilled to partner with DoorDash in celebrating and empowering women around the world. As a woman trying to balance everything, it is essential to show the world that we will continue to break glass ceilings every day and to ourselves. rise, “said Chiney Ogwumike, ESPN multiplatform commentator and two-time WNBA Los Angeles Sparks All-Star. “On International Women’s Day, we recognize that women are bosses, and our mission is to open doors for the next generation. And for anyone who knows me, food is the path to my heart, so working with DoorDash is a dream come true. ”
“We are constantly inspired by the myriad ways in which women continue to break down barriers and create change in diet, sport, entrepreneurship and beyond,” said Vanessa carr, Director of Marketing Partnerships at DoorDash. “We are proud to launch our Made by Women platform and to partner with Chiney Ogwumike, a multi-faceted pioneer who charts her own path while encouraging others along the way. women who build their dreams. “
Made by women Also kicks off today with new in-app features on DoorDash to highlight and support women-owned businesses and independent entrepreneurs, making it easier for local clients to discover and support them. Women-owned businesses disproportionately feel the effects of COVID-19. DoorDash considers this commitment to supporting women-owned businesses to be an ongoing effort that requires action through its product, voice and resources. Here’s how:
- Hundreds of independent women-owned restaurants in over 40 US states have switched to Made by Women and can now be searched on DoorDash with the keyword “Women-owned”, including local favorites such as Nong’s Khao Man Gay in Portland, Kismet in Los Angeles, Goddess and the baker in Chicago, The heavenly delights of Fauzia in New York, and Glen’s Garden Market in Washington DC
- Each trader highlighted as a female-owned business has given their consent to be introduced through direct contact with our team. Restaurants interested in the CAN option Learn more here. * DoorDash will continue to add new restaurants and merchants in the coming months.
- In an attempt to address systemic inequalities by providing capacity building resources such as capital, DoorDash will match loans for women-owned businesses through their partnership with Kiva, a global nonprofit whose mission is expand financial access. In 2020, DoorDash created a $ 150,000 revolving loan fund with Kiva and from today women-owned businesses will be eligible for a matching loan from this fund (up to 5k per loan). Kiva provides 0% equity loans to eligible business owners. Loans are made and administered by Kiva subject to Kiva Terms of Service.
- To further encourage customers to support women-owned businesses in their neighborhood, DoorDash customers will see female-owned carousels in the app in dozens of markets across the United States, Canada, and Australia including New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC, Sacramento, Austin, Tampa, Detroit, Cleveland, Toronto, Montreal, Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne. Participating restaurants on the DoorDash platform are also identified by a banner on their store page.
- Caviar customers will also see a built-in carousel for women with Pineapple Collaborative in select markets including Austin, Boston, new York, Chicago, SF, LA, Miamiand DC
Starting today, DoorDash will donate $ 1 per DoorDash and Caviar ** order from a participating merchant who has opted for the Made by Women platform, up to $ 100,000, at the James Beard Foundation Women’s Leadership Programs.
These efforts expand DoorDash’s investments in supporting entrepreneurship and access to under-represented businesses and build on those of DoorDash. $ 200 million Main Street Strong funds, including the $ 2 million Main street strong accelerator, a new program providing financial support and specialized educational resources to women, immigrants and BIPOC-owned businesses. By DoorDash Community credit program, they have also supported women’s empowerment groups such as Safe San Francisco Home, Sarah’s Circle, and Girls for gender equityand we look forward to working with more organizations supporting the equality and advancement of women.
* Administration and eligibility will be at DoorDash’s sole discretion. We reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the terms at any time, including to comply with laws or regulations of any kind. To learn more about participating in DoorDash Made by Women, including eligibility criteria, see here.
**For each order placed on March 8, 2021 through March 31, 2021 on the DoorDash and Caviar platforms of participating women-owned businesses, DoorDash will donate $ 1, up to a maximum of $ 100,000, at the James Beard Foundation Women’s Leadership Programs.
DoorDash is a tech company that connects consumers to their favorite local and national businesses in more than 4,000 cities and all 50 states United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash enables local businesses to meet consumer expectations for ease and immediacy and thrive in today’s convenience economy. By building the last mile logistics infrastructure for local commerce, DoorDash brings communities closer, one door at a time. Learn more on the DoorDash blog or on www.doordash.com