Events | | clintonherald.com
– Shiner’s Run will be performing at Jammin ‘in the Canyon at 6:30 pm Pickers and singers of all skill levels are invited to join in the show. Shiner’s run plays bluegrass, county, folk, blues and a bit of rock and roll. Artists must arrive and settle in at 6 p.m. Music continues until 8 p.m. Heritage Canyon is located at 515 N. Fourth St. in Fulton, Illinois.
The Driftless Paddling Tour is a trip on the Mississippi River from August 30 to September 2, from Allamakee to Jackson County through the drift-free regions of Iowa. Today’s 7 mile route will lead participants through Lock and Dam 12 where they will learn about the system of locks and dams and the wildlife along the river. The day will begin at Spruce Creek Park, two miles north of Bellevue, at 9:30 am Shuttles and canoes and kayaks are available. For more information, contact Jessica Wagner of Jackson County Conservation at 563-652-3783 or [email protected]
—Retired Jackson County school staff to meet at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Preston. Social starts at 11:30 am; lunch will be served at noon. Call Carla Behrend at 563-659-5704 to make a reservation. Gene Camp will speak about the march of honor. All retired school staff can join the group.
– Kids will explore the magical fun of Kinetic Sand during Funtime Friday at the Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center at 10:30 am The event is free with paid admission to the museum, located at 332 Eighth Ave. S. in Clinton.
– The Whiteside County Department of Health will offer a rapid, free walk-in COVID-19 antigen test at their tent, 1300 W. Second St. in Rock Falls, Illinois, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 to 3:30 pm Anyone wishing to be tested should follow the signs and cones in the rear parking lot of the test tent. Anyone in need of a PCR test can call the Whiteside County Community Health Clinic at 815-626-2230 to make an appointment.
– The 7th Annual Cabin Fever Benefit for St. Jude takes place 9 am to 3 pm at 201 W. Winfield St. in Morrison, Illinois. Vendors include Kim’s Keepsakes Lockets, LillaRose, Color Street, Scentsy, Thirty One Gifts, Tupperware, Paparazzi, Tastefully Simple, LulaRoe, Homemade Cards, Homemade Bath, Pink Zebra, Usborne Books, Wreaths, Decorations interior / home crafts and custom panels.
– Kids will explore the magical fun of Kinetic Sand during Funtime Saturday at the Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center at 10:30 am The event is free with paid admission to the museum, located at 332 Eighth Ave. S. in Clinton.
– The # 52Stories Genealogy Project is an inspiration to write a story every week for a year. # 52Stories will meet at Cake Fantasies by Ashley, 501 S. Second St. in Clinton, from 1:30 pm to 3 pm. Call 563-242-5355 for more details and to register for September.
– Spring Valley Reformed Church, 10960 Spring Valley Road in Fulton, welcomes the Bontrager family to its outdoor stage at 6 p.m. for the last church concert of the season. A free will offering will be taken.
– The Pizza Hut at 1616 N. Second St. in Clinton will donate 20% of its 5-7 p.m. sales to the Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center as part of its Pizza on a School Night fundraiser. Order online or call 563-242-3333 for completion or delivery.
– The Connection will perform for Market Music at Lyons Four Square Park at 5pm. Music is provided by Clinton Public Library and paid for by sponsors.
– CrossView Church (formerly the Second Reformed Church) in Fulton will host a free community meal at 5:30 pm The menu includes burgers, hot dogs, baked beans, fries and desserts. CrossView is located at 705 14th Ave.
– The Clinton and Fulton Companies will host Rumming Along the River, sponsored by Visit Clinton, Iowa and Lyons Business and Professional Association. Visit the Visit Clinton, Iowa Facebook page for a list of participating businesses.
– Funtime Friday at the Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center will celebrate Patriot Day with crafts, facts about America and a walk around the museum. Funtime Friday starts at 10:30 a.m. at 332 Eighth Ave. S. in Clinton.
– First Central State Bank will continue its tradition of Grilling for Charity fundraising from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the DeWitt location of First Central. Proceeds will be donated to the St. Joseph Education Foundation, an organization that supports St. Joseph School in DeWitt. The menu includes burgers, fries, dessert and a drink for a donation.