Holland & Barrett acquires its first beauty brand
Holland & Barrett, one of the UK’s leading healthcare and wellness retailers, has acquired home beauty services company Blow Ltd.
WHO: UK-based Blow Ltd was founded in 2013, an brainchild of former ELLE UK and Grazia editor-in-chief Fiona McIntosh and venture capital firm Dharmash Mistry, with the mission of ‘help women look and feel amazing. Blow Ltd offers a range of salon-style beauty services delivered “when and where it suits them” by over 1,200 professionals.
Holland & Barrett is the UK’s leading wellness retailer and one of the largest in Europe. Founded in 1870, Holland & Barrett has been renowned for wellness for over 150 years. Holland & Barrett has more than 1,000 stores in 16 countries around the world, including more than 800 in the UK and Ireland, as well as a growing e-commerce business.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: âWe have an exciting transformation strategy with the vision to help 100 million customers worldwide achieve their health and wellness goals,â said Tamara Rajah, Chief Commercial Officer and Scientific Officer of Holland & Barrett. “This vision sees H&B go beyond offering wellness products and advice, and expanding our reach to offer personalized services, diagnostics and wellness solutions through our digital and sales channels. We are delighted to be working with Blow Ltd to bring their customers new natural beauty and wellness options on demand, in their own homes, and to offer our customers new services and experiences in our larger stores. “
Blow Ltd CEO Thomas Nutt said: âThe entire Blow Ltd team is delighted to be part of a global vision to make health and wellness a way of life for all, and to be part of a global vision. ” bring natural and sustainable beauty and wellness products, services and advice to millions of people. of consumers across the UK and beyond. The combined entity will accelerate Blow Ltd’s vision of expert service to your doorstep with H & B’s cutting-edge expertise in ethical and planet-friendly health, beauty and wellness. We all look forward to the next chapter in the History of Blow Ltd. “
- Holland & Barrett acquired Blow Ltd for an undisclosed amount.
- The company, which will henceforth become a subsidiary of the international activity of H&B, and all the staff, including its 1,200 professionals, will move to its new parent company.
- In 2016, Blow Ltd acquired competitor Return to Glory, allowing them to add massage, yoga and Pilates services.
- In 2017, Blow Ltd raised a â¬ 3.5 million investment round led by Unilever Ventures. Later that year, bankrupt retail giant Debenhams took a minority stake of Â£ 7.5million, while also opening Blow Bars in its main flagships.
- In 2019, Blow Ltd closed a Â£ 1.9million fundraiser from Unilever Ventures, alongside 530 investors on the Seedrs investment platform.