Latest live updates: PM Narendra Modi to address the nation today at 9 a.m.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation at 9 a.m. on Friday, his office said. “Today is Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s Parkash Purab. Today the Prime Minister will inaugurate key irrigation related projects in Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh,” his office said in a statement. tweet. “Then he will go to Jhansi for ‘Rashtra Raksha Samparpan Parv.’ Prior to all these programs, he will address the nation at 9 am, ”the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) said.
!1 new updateClick here for the latest updates
Today is Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s Parkash Purab. Today, PM will inaugurate key irrigation related projects in Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh. Then he will go to Jhansi for the ‘Rashtra Raksha Samparpan Parv.’ Before all these broadcasts, he will address the nation at 9 a.m.: PMO
A depression crosses the coast between Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh (IMD)
- The low over the Bay of Bengal crossed the coast between Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh early Friday, the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
- The system crossed the coast between Chennai and Pondicherry.
- “The low over southwestern Bay of Bengal moved northwest and crossed northern Tamil Nadu and the adjacent southern coasts of Andhra Pradesh between Puducherry and Chennai between 3:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. IST ( 3-4 a.m.) Today, November 19, 2021, “IMD said in an update on its official Twitter account.
Over the past 7 years, the number of airports has almost doubled to 136 with the addition of 62 additional airports. Previously there were only 74 airports. The country expects to have around 220 airports in the next 5-7 years
– Union Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia
Delhi | Air Quality Index (AQI) currently at 332 (overall) in the “very low” category, according to SAFAR-India
Brazilian Amazon deforestation up 22% in one year, record in 15 years, AFP news agency reports citing official
China reports 24 new coronavirus cases for Nov. 18 from 35 days earlier
- China reported 24 new confirmed cases of coronavirus for Nov. 18, up from 35 a day earlier, its health authority said on Friday.
- Among the new infections, eight were locally transmitted cases, according to a statement from the National Health Commission, up from six a day earlier.
- China reported 26 new asymptomatic cases, which it categorizes separately from confirmed cases, up from 27 a day earlier.
- There were no new deaths, leaving the death toll unchanged at 4,636.
PM Modi to Deliver DRDO-Designed Advanced Electronic Warfare Suite to Navy Today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will officially hand over to the Indian Navy the Advanced Electronic Warfare (EW) suite designed by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) at a ceremony in Jhansi on Friday.
- The ceremony will be held as part of the Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv in Jhansi on November 19, 2021. The Prime Minister will launch the start of the important project on the conclusion of the three-day event “Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv” organized by the ministry of Defense (MoD) with the government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The ‘Shakti’ Advanced Electronic Warfare (EW) system was designed and developed by Defense Electronics Research Laboratory (DLRL) Hyderabad, a Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) laboratory for Indian Navy warships for the interception, detection, classification, identification and jamming of conventional and modern radars.
Taiwan opens office in Lithuania, brushing aside Chinese opposition
- Taiwan on Thursday opened a de facto embassy in Lithuania as part of a diplomatic breakthrough for the island claimed by China, dismissing Beijing’s strong opposition to the move which again expressed its anger and warned of the consequences .
- China demanded in August that the Baltic state withdraw its ambassador to Beijing and announced that it would recall the Chinese envoy to Vilnius after Taiwan announced that its office in the city would be called the Taiwanese representative office in Lithuania.
Haryana Civil Service Commission official, 2 other detainees; Rs 1 crore seized
- The Haryana State Vigilance Office arrested a deputy secretary of the Haryana Civil Service Commission and two others involved in manipulating the scores of candidates who took the written exam for the recruitment of dental surgeons, organized by the HPSC on September 26, 2021.