Quick Bite Recipe: How To Make These Delicious Vegan Bean Burgers
Burgers can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for a few days before cooking, or you can freeze uncooked burgers for up to a month.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
You will need
- 2 tablespoons of ground Chia Bia chia seeds, plus 6 tablespoons of water
- 250 g canned black beans, drained weight
- 150 g canned borlotti beans, drained weight
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 30 g of gluten-free oatmeal; ground oats into flour
- Â½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Â½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Â½ teaspoon of paprika
- Â½ teaspoon of salt
- Â½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Combine the ground chia seeds and water to make chia âeggsâ and set aside for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the beans until you get a coarse paste consistency, leaving a few beans here and there intact.
- Add the tomato paste, oatmeal, garlic powder and all the bean seasonings, along with the chia âeggsâ and mix well to combine.
- Divide the mixture into four large patties. If you have time, chill an hour before cooking, but if you are short on time, you can cook them right away.
- You can cook them in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes at 180C; fry them in a skillet for about four minutes on each side; grill them; or put them in the oven for about 15-18 minutes at 180C. All the options!
- Serve in your buns, with garnishes and condiments.
The Chia Bia range is available at chiabia.com and Holland & Barrett